POSITION: Patient Coordinator Manager
DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations/Administrator
The patient coordinator manager is responsible for all of the Patient Services tasks (initial patient contact in the office including patient registration/check out, answering and directing phone calls, and general patient communications). The patient coordinator manager is responsible for setting an example to their team by treating all patients in a courteous manner and ensuring that the patient feels welcome. This individual reviews patient charts to verify that essential signatures and information have been obtained, entering new patient information into the computer and preparing the patient’s record for the clinic in an efficient manner. Tasks also include checking out the patient at the end of the visit, entering professional fee and contact lens charges, handling contact lens orders, referral letter, triage forms and other patient-oriented tasks as assigned. The Manager is responsible for creating efficiency within the department. Additionally the Manager will be responsible for creating a cohesive team with high-morale who will act as a liaison to the practice administration team.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year minimum experience in medical practice or customer service.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills (not just management skills)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented and ability to work as a team leader
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated and able to keep the team motivated and positive.
- Well-organized and attention to detail.
- Empathetic with and demonstrates concern for patients’ and team members needs and concerns.
- Excel under pressure.
- Problem solver, analytical skills.
- Computer literate, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.